Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Halfway Hall

Lots happened within the space of 48 hours. Just had my halfway hall and it was really fun seeing everyone again! Though I must say this is the first time that Selwyn's formal is not up to par. Here is the menu:



Most interesting was the Lemon Posset with Ginger Thins, which looked like this:


I really like how this picture turned out, hehe improving my camera skills :P All of us were trying to identify what EXACTLY is a "posset", which we already had difficulty pronouncing it anyways, ending up with 'pussy' etc which sounds incredibly wrong for a dessert. Taste wise its a bit like lemon cheesecake, but I was too stuffed to finish it anyways, Selwyn still has the best cheesecakes for formal, period.

After reading what a posset is, I finally knew why I didn't like it very much. It was just double cream with egg yolks, sugar and lemon juice! *gasp* How calorific can a dessert be? LOL


This is me, Pete and Emily at our table. Ahhhh feeling nostalgic a little. Oh yeah, I was sitting diagonally to the Reverand as well, the one who chose me to say Grace at formal hall. LOL, talk about coincidence. Ironically, he said Grace for the Halfway Hall, and I knew at that moment that ..... I really can't pronounce or speak Latin for nuts!

No comments: